Village of Menomonee Falls, WI
The Village of Menomonee Falls, WI has dozens of water and sewage pump station facilities located within the 33 square miles that encompass its borders. The upgrade to the SCADA system that controls these facilities changed the communication method from telephone lines to a spread spectrum radio system. Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s) were implemented at each site as the core of the SCADA monitoring system. Major facilities were also provided with touch screen operator interfaces to allow flexible access and interaction with the SCADA system from multiple locations. All system design, PLC programming and software configurations were performed by Ruekert & Mielke, Inc. (R/M).
The latest technology computers and SCADA software were integrated by R/M engineers to provide utility staff with central control, alarm handling and reporting capabilities. In addition, the capability for Water Utility operators to access the SCADA system from portable laptop computers was incorporated into the design. This allows maximum flexibility and mobility to the operators during normal conditions as well as during emergency situations.
- Customized radio communications for maximized reliability.
- Remote access capabilities implemented.
- Multi-zone system with both lake water and well water.
- Variable speed pumping designed to match source flows with system demand.
- Customized pump control schemes allow for operation flexibility.
- SCADA System Engineering
- PLC and SCADA Software Programming
- Radio Communications Design
- Ongoing SCADA Support Services